- Get Amazon Prime (Student): For only $50 A YEAR (yes, you read that right) you get access to a Netflix-style video service, a Pandora One style streaming service (no ads!), access to thousands of e-books for free, and best of all free two-day shipping on thousands of items shipped by Amazon. Plus, their textbook prices are almost always better than your local bookstore which will leave you extra money for shopping! Which leads us to our next must-have website…
- Shop at M and D Sorority Gifts: Their store may be located in Texas, but they offer flat rate shipping for the entire nation! Now would be the perfect time to do all your shopping for the year, whether it be for your little or grand-little, birthday gifts, or treat yo-self to some awesome recruitment survival gifts. They have awesome sorority clothing, decorations, tote bags and more. https://manddsororitygifts.com/
- Register for the Starbucks Rewards Program: Coffee was my savior during late nights in the library, but a Starbucks habit can get real expensive real fast. A great way to combat the cost is to register with the My Starbucks Rewards Program. Instead of paying with your debit or credit card, use it to purchase gift cards (which is also a great way to help keep your budget in check) and register those gift cards to your account. You get a free drink of your choice on your birthday and after every twelve purchases. Plus, after thirty purchases you receive a coveted “gold card” (see mine below). https://www.starbucks.com/card/rewards
- Sign up for the Panera Rewards Program: If you love Panera to grab a quick, fresh lunch you will definitely want to sign up for their rewards program. Although not as structured as the Starbucks rewards program, Panera randomly sends you awesome perks such as a few dollars off a meal, free coffee every day for a month, or a free pastry on your birthday! https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/company/mypanera-rewards.html
- Check out J. Crew Factory Store: For recruitment clothes or days when you just want to look nice for class, J. Crew is often a go-to. However, their prices are often steep and inaccessible on a college student’s budget. J. Crew Factory is a great option to help combat the big price tag offering J. Crew style and quality for the budget-conscious. One of my favorite outfits, pictured below, is completely J. Crew Factory! https://factory.jcrew.com/index.jsp
Back-to-college can definitely be a stressful time on the mind and on the budget! However, if you check out these awesome companies you will be sure to get everything you need and still have money in your (really adorable) wallet!